Helpful Plugin/Development Links
- WordPress Developer Resources — Developer.Wordpress
- WordPress Code Reference — Developer.Wordpress
- WordPress Plugin Handbook — Developer.Wordpress
- What are WP Hooks (Action, Filters) — Hostinger.com Blog
- WordPress Hooks Guide — Developer.Wordpress
- Hookr.io – Hook Lookup Tool — Find the Hooks (actions and filters) in WP Core and many plugins
- Large List of Plugin Development Resources — Whoishostingthis.com Blog
- The WordPress Plugin Boilerplate — This is an object-oriented template for plugins. It’s much more advanced than what we learn in class but it can be very helpful.
- The WordPress Plugin Boilerplate 101: — How to Get Started — This will help you learn how to use the boilerplate above.
- WordPress Plugin Development Tutorials — Alessandro Castellani – A REALLY good resource for learning all there is to know about Plugin Development…a little dated but his YouTube channel is updated all the time. This was my “go to” learning series when I first started.
Here are some documents I put together, some of which I used in class:
NOTE: If you find a broken link, or have a link that you think would be useful in this list, please contact me.